Drake Bay Travel Details
Recommended route for dry season: Dec ~ May
- 50-minute Flight to Drake Bay
- 45-minute jeep ride to San Josecito Beach schoolhouse
- 15-minutes walk north, 800 meters along our beach, and you’ve arrived!
The quickest way to get here is to fly from Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) to Drake Bay, a small town on the Pacific Ocean and gateway to the Osa Peninsula.
- Once you reserve, we will book your taxi pick up at Drake Bay’s airport.
- Porter Service or a motorized Quad Transfer can be selected on your Reservation Form, to be met at the Schoolhouse for help with your luggage.
- Depending on group size we may bring our old-fashioned horse and buggy
TAXI RATES AND ATMS
- The taxi’s charge $60 for 2-4 people, or a discounted rate of $50 for 1 person.
- Please pay cab directly, as transfer costs are not included in our rates.
- There are no ATMs in Drake Bay or surrounding areas, please make sure you bring enough cash for your round-trip transfers and extra expenses.