Drake Bay Travel Details
Local Flight to DRAKE BAY
Recommended route for dry season: Dec ~ May
50-minute Flight from SJO to Drake Bay >>>
45-minute Land Taxi to San Josecito Beach schoolhouse >>>
20-minute Beach Walk north to Ocean Forest Ecolodge
The quickest way to get here is to fly from Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) to Drake Bay, a small town on the Pacific Ocean and gateway to the Osa Peninsula.
- Once you reserve, we will book your taxi pick up at Drake Bay’s airport.
- Porter Service or a motorized Quad Transfer can be selected on your Reservation Form, to be met at the Schoolhouse for help with your luggage.
- Depending on group size we may bring our old-fashioned horse and buggy
Taxi Rates and ATMs
- The taxi’s charge $50 for 2-4 people, or a discounted rate of $40 for 1 person.
- Please pay cab directly, as transfer costs are not included in our rates.
- There are no ATMs in Drake Bay or surrounding areas, please make sure you bring enough cash for your round-trip transfers and extra expenses.