Arriving to Ocean Forest Ecolodge
Ocean Forest Ecolodge is located on Playa Rincón de San Josecito, just south of Drake Bay; only one and half hours by plane from San Jose, bordering the north side of Corcovado National Park, on the Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica.
Option 1: By Air to Drake Bay
***Recommended route for dry season: Dec ~ May ***
From SJO International Airport, give yourself two hours via a local flight to Drake Bay, followed by a countryside jeep ride.
- 50-minute Flight to Drake Bay
- 45-minute jeep ride to San Josecito Beach schoolhouse
- 20-minutes walk north, 800 meters along our beach, and you’ve arrived!
Option 2: By Land through Sierpe River-town
***Recommended route for Green Season: June ~ November***
Wonderful trip by boat along the beautiful Sierpe River, out the river mouth and onto the sparkling Pacific Ocean, you’ll arrive at San Josecito Beach.
- 5 hour shuttle ride down the coastal highway to Sierpe River-town >>>
- 1 ½ hour boat ride, passing Drake Bay to San Josecito Beach >>>
- Walk 15-minutes south to arrive to Ocean Forest Ecolodge >>>
Hover on the maps to enlarge !