Arrival to Costa Rica
Fly to Costa Rica, to Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) near the capital city of San Jose. To learn more about the travel routes once in Costa Rica, please review our Travel Tips page. For San Jose Hotel information and our recommended local transportation providers, please see our Helpful Contacts page
Arriving to Ocean Forest Ecolodge by Land or Air
Ocean Forest Ecolodge is arrived upon after a 20-minute walk along San Josecito Beach. We are located south of Drake Bay, bordering the north side of Corcovado National Park, on the Osa Peninsula.
- Please review our What to Pack
- You can also request Porter Service for help with your luggage.
- After booking, you’ll receive a link to our Travel and Preferences A step by step guide for booking and selecting the travel routes and transfers that best serve you.
Option 1: By Air through Drake Bay
***Recommended route for dry season: Dec ~ May ***
From SJO International Airport, give yourself two hours via a local flight to Drake Bay, followed by a countryside jeep ride.
- 50-minute Flight to Drake Bay
- 45-minute jeep ride to San Josecito Beach schoolhouse
- 20-minutes walk north, 800 meters along our beach, and you’ve arrived!
Option 2: By Land through Sierpe River-town
***Recommended route for Green Season: June ~ Aug***
Give yourself half a day's travel south along the Pacific Coastal Highway to the town of Sierpe. Then by boat along the beautiful Sierpe River, out the river mouth and onto the sparkling Pacific Ocean, passing Drake Bay, you’ll arrive at our home beach ~ Playa San Josecito.
- 5 hour shuttle ride down the coastal highway to Sierpe River-town >>>
- 1 ½ hour boat ride, passing Drake Bay to San Josecito Beach >>>
- Walk 20-minutes south to arrive to Ocean Forest Ecolodge >>>
Note: You walk through a Coconut grove and 500 meters further south along our beach, and you’ve arrived!
Hover on the maps to enlarge !