Rainforest Medicine Summer Council 1
With Jonathon Miller Weisberger ~ Ethnobotanist, Zamboni Funk ~ Astrologer, Gerard Artesona ~ Integration Therapist, Bruce Schneider - Wellness facilitator and Margaret Zhou - Yoga
May 29 - June 5, 2021
Rainforest Medicine Council Gatherings
May 29th- June 5th 2021 @ Ocean Forest Ecolodge
Experience Ancient Amazonian plant medicine ceremonies for personal, community and planetary renewal. Held in accordance with millenary, time-tested, universal wellness traditions.
Our location is the enchanting Ocean Forest Ecolodge Retreat located on Costa Rica’s treasured Osa Peninsula, a paradise well known for its vast diversity of animal and plant life. Tucked perfectly between a pristine beach and the thriving rainforest you will also find yoga, wellness modalities, comfortable accommodations and three delicious natural meals daily.
The 2021 Council Gatherings are being facilitated by a group of skilled facilitators: Jonathon Miller Weisberger, author of Rainforest Medicine: Preserving Indigenous Science and Biodiversity in the Upper Amazon. The experience he brings as an adept ethnobotanist, conservation pioneer and rainforest guide with decades of delving deep into the pulsating heart of Rainforest Medicine traditions bring these retreats to the whole next level!
A Heartening Inner Journey toward Cultivating a Vibrant Life
For Self, Community and Planetary Renewal
US$2200 / council
Bring a friend: 10% discount
Two Councils: 12% discount / Three Councils 15% discount
Attendees will receive a ‘dieta protocol’ and are required to fill out
the “Apply for a Gathering” on the program link
Each week-long Council Includes the following offerings:
- 7-nights of comfortable shared accommodations at Ocean Forest Ecolodge Retreat. Private rooms are also available at an additional rate.
- Three natural wholesome dieta friendly meals daily, with fresh aromatic teas from the garden, lemon-grass, guayusa and cacao.
- On fasting days in preparation for ceremony, we offer as optional to those who request, fruits at breakfast and one simple dieta friendly meal at noon
- Delve deep into the heart of ethnobotany and local medicinal plants on programmed excursions, rainforest and garden tours and workshops
- Introduction to an ancient ceremonial indigenous plant medicine science
- (2) sunrise renewal ceremonies with alkaline rich rainforest medicines
- (2) overnight traditional healing ceremonies with rainforest medicines
- Aura cleanses with medicinal flowers
- Art Therapy sessions in the spacious Dharma Hall with Madeline on all three councils
- Yoga and guided meditation classes daily with on all three councils
- Astrology reading will be offered by skilled Zamboni Funk on all three councils
- Rainforest, paradise beach and river hikes
- Swim, snorkel and surf at our beach front location
- One on one preparation/Integration guidance (if requested)
- Daily Yoga class
- On site massage therapy and traditional healings (additional rate applies)
- Daily free time for integration and relaxation
- Group integration circles for raising common body of experience
- Pristine, secluded Pacific Ocean beach within walking distance to San Josecito bay, that is idyllic for snorkeling.
- Beach and rainforest trekking with miles of trails extending outwards from the ecolodge.
- Ocean swims, snorkel, boogie boarding, surfing
- On site bird watching, monkey viewing, and nature adoration
- Rich and diverse ethnobotanical gardens for communing with a vast array of potent medicinal plants and fruit trees
- International airfare to San Jose Airport
- Domestic land + air travel to and from San Jose to Ocean Forest. Approximately $200.
- On route San Jose hotel if needed Approx. $88 for solo room, or less if when with roommate.
- Private healing sessions
- Gratuities (we recommend $10 daily to be shared among the amazing staff, cooks, room keepers, gardeners and guides all who are part of serving this experience.
We are located on Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula, south of Drake Bay and just north of Corcovado National Park, on a beautiful people-friendly paradise beach, where the rainforest meets the sparkling Pacific Ocean! Please review the Arriving section on our web site to understand where we are located and how to get here.
Looking forward to an off the chart’s week
in a people friendly rainforest, beach and ocean wilderness setting!
One that will leave each cell in your body singing “Pura Vida”
Ethnobotanist Jonathon Miller Weisberger has spent the past twenty-nine years studying rainforest plant medicine traditions. Since 1996 he has organized biannual “Rainforest Medicine Councils,” experiential workshops journeys, for “Personal, community and Planetary Renewal,” that have offered participants an intimate opportunity to meet and learn from cultural adepts, the mighty rainforest and the omnipotent plant teachers! His book “Rainforest Medicine – Preserving Indigenous Science and Biodiversity in the Upper Amazon” was published in 2013 (www.rainforestmedicine.net) He is the steward of Ocean Forest Ecolodge, where he lives most of the year, guiding rainforest experiences, tending the garden and overseeing operations.
Learn more about Jonathon Miller Weisberger ~ Ethnobotanist
Zamboni Funk is an herbalist and astrologer in NYC who has been formally studying astrology since 2016. He offers forecasts daily and weekly on Instagram @ZamboniFunk, following the rhythmic cycles presented by the cosmos and (hopefully) helping folks to ride that beat. More info is available on his website ZamboniFunk.com or his Patreon page patreon.com/zambonifunk
Learn more about Zamboni Funk ~ Astrologer
Gerard Artesona is a psychotherapist specializing in integration therapy and counseling with a private practice in Oakland California. His experience serving the mental health needs of patients in hospital settings, alongside his therapeutic approach bridge western psychology and entheogenic rituals & practices to support his clients on their healing journeys. He has taught yoga and mindfulness practices primarily with transitional age youth and formerly-gang involved inmates. Gerard has embraced the healing potential of plant medicines for over 10 years, and the perspectives surrounding them have come to inform his professional approach and his overall understanding of wellbeing. Gerard holds…
Learn more about Gerard Artesona ~ Integration Therapist
Bruce Schneider (aka Pintayaya) has been in private practice for 35 years offering cranio-sacral therapy, myofascial release work and centering meditation. “Ocean Forest is the perfect place for healing on all levels,” he says. “The land and the sea, the warmth and kindness of the people and the Medicine support you in releasing accumulated tensions and limiting beliefs. Your innate health and vitality naturally shine through and you reclaim your birthright as a relaxed, open and loving human being.” Bruce’s work is a perfect compliment for people attending the Council, serving as a facilitation for people experiencing the Medicine journey.
Learn more about Bruce Schneider – Wellness facilitator
Margaret Zhou has had several years of experience as a yoga and martial arts instructor. She earned her 500-hour yoga teacher certification in 2014 and has taught community classes for all ages. Margaret also has experience as a practitioner of Japanese Shotokan karate, in which she earned a black belt in 2009, and Tae Kwon Do, in which she earned a black belt in 2017. During the day, Margaret is an environmentalist who works at the NGO International Rivers, and a new student of Traditional Chinese Medicine at the Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences in Oakland, California. Margaret…
Learn more about Margaret Zhou – Yoga